How to Improve Gut Health
Are digestive issues not allowing you to live life fully? We get that!
Leaky gut can create gut-related conditions including celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, and irritable bowel syndrome. These repercussions go beyond your gut health, impacting the entire body.
Among those reactions include:
- An immune response.
- Food sensitivities.
- Autoimmune disease.
- Chronic inflammation.
“All disease begins in the gut,” Hippocrates said about 2,500 years ago.
What impacts your gut health can go on to impact the entire body, including the brain. Scientists have connected leaky gut with conditions including autistic spectrum disorder, dementia, depression, schizophrenia, and other mental health disorders.
6 Signs of an Unhealthy Gut
If you’re experiencing one or more of these issues, it could be a case of an unhealthy gut.
- Chronic diarrhea
- Abdominal bloating and cramping
- Weight gain or weight loss without trying
- Skin breakouts, acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Brain fog/low energy/no motivation
6 Things You Can Do to Create Better Gut Health
In order to take steps toward a healthy gut, you’ll need to replace harmful bacteria with beneficial gut bacteria. Be kind to your digestive system by taking these steps to created beneficial bacteria.
- Eat probiotic-rich foods and fermented foods
- Take a daily probiotic supplement
- Drink filtered water or herbal tea
- Practice stress management techniques such as yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises
- Get enough sleep each night to help your gut heal from the day’s events
- Avoid sugar and processed foods that can cause inflammation in the gut lining
6 Benefits of a Good Gut Health
- The gut is the second brain in our body
- A healthy gut means you can maintain a healthy weight
- Gut health promotes good moods and balanced hormones
- Gut bacteria are what determine whether or not we develop certain diseases, like diabetes or cancer
- Probiotics are good for your gut because they help to regulate the immune system and fight off infection
- Fiber-rich foods promote a happy colon by keeping things moving along smoothly so there’s no chance of constipation or diarrhea
Ask our office for more information on how we can help you detox your way to a healthy gut.
New patients can call or text “New Patient” to 704-324-8499 or schedule online
¡Hablamos español, pregunta por Nani!