Do you exercise? Read on!
6 Ways Maintain Peak Performance
1. Eat a nutrient-dense diet that optimizes performance.
2. HIIT in moderation.
3. Focus on recovery and repair. If you’ve worked out hard for three days in a row, trained vigorously for a marathon, or otherwise over-extended yourself physically, you probably know how over-exercise becomes counterproductive. For one, it can become an invitation for muscle injuries, which are extremely common among athletes, that can create pain, dysfunction, and the inability to practice. Balance intense workouts with recovery days. That doesn’t mean you have to be inactive. A brisk walk, restorative yoga class, or stretching become excellent complementary exercises to your intense workouts. Try foam rolling or trigger point therapy!
4. Listen to your body!! Optimize sleep and manage stress.
5. Minimize skincare and environmental toxins.
6. Visit your chiropractor regularly.
Just because you hit the gym four times a week, maintain strong muscles, or participate in competitive sports doesn’t mean you’re healthy. Ask our office for help! We help many athletes!
New patients can call or text “New Patient” to 704-540-0055.
¡Hablamos español, pregunta por Nani!